Whole-Home Surge Protection in Melbourne, FL
Melbourne, FL, is no stranger to high-voltage power surges. More than 90% of lightning strikes occur between May and October in the area. Our area is known as “Lightning Alley” because every year, we receive more lightning strikes than anywhere in the country.
At Mac 5 Services, we help homeowners and businesses protect their electrical systems, appliances, and electronics from the extensive and costly damage of high-voltage surges. Our whole-home surge protectors shield against electrical fires, equipment loss, and property damage.
What Does a Whole-Home Surge Protector Do?
Whole-home surge protectors are designed to protect your electrical network, appliances, and electronics from damage. They achieve this by absorbing excess energy from high-voltage and transient surges and diverting the energy away from the electrical network. Once installed, you can count on a significantly lower risk of fire or electrical damage.
Unlike strip power surge protectors, whole-home surge protectors provide comprehensive, durable protection for every system in your home. Strip surge protectors have a limited life span and protect only a handful of voltage spikes before they fail.
While it’s advisable to position strip surge protectors with computers and other high-value electronics, they should be used as a second rather than a first line of protection.
Protect Your Devices With a Whole-Home Surge Protector
There are various reasons to consider a whole-home surge protector for your Melbourne home, including:
- Protects appliances and electronics: High-voltage surges can cause irreparable damage to electronics and appliances. Shielding your systems against voltage surges extends their life span and alleviates the need for costly replacements.
- Protects against internal power surges: Approximately 80% of all power surges that affect appliances and electronics originate inside the home.
- Creates layered protection: No system provides 100% protection against surges. Establishing multiple lines of defense creates protection at the point of the electrical panel and the point of use.
- Protects all electrical systems: Whether from lightning or a transient surge, whole-home surge protectors protect outlets, circuit breaker panels, electronics, EV charging stations, and appliances.
Keep your Melbourne home protected from power surges. Call (321) 244-7500 today to schedule a whole-home surge protector installation.
Why Choose Mac 5 Services for Whole-Home Surge Protection?
The licensed and insured electricians at Mac 5 Services are the region’s most trusted electrical experts. When you need electrical installation, maintenance, repairs, or upgrades, you can depend on our team to complete the required tasks quickly, effectively, and in compliance with all codes and standards.
When you choose our family-owned and -operated team, you can rely on:
- 24/7 live answering service
- Upfront pricing
- Certified technicians
- Financing options
- Free estimates on replacements
Contact Mac 5 Services at (321) 244-7500 to schedule a whole-home surge protector installation for your Melbourne home today.
Frequently Asked Questions
Common questions we receive about whole-home surge protectors include:
How much can I expect whole-home surge protection installation to cost?
The cost of whole-home surge protection depends on the size and workload, the existing electrical wiring, and any upgrades required to support the system.
Are whole-home surge protectors effective?
Whole-home surge protectors protect your appliances, electronics, and electrical systems against high-voltage surges caused by fluctuations within the power grid.
What is the process for installing a surge protector?
The whole-home surge protector is connected to your circuit breaker and then wired and mounted within the surge protector box. This is then wired back into the existing circuit breaker.
We Offer Whole-Home Surge Protection Services Throughout The Space Coast
Call our electricians for electrical services in the Brevard County area, including: