Expert Electricians Serving the Space Coast
At Mac 5 Services, our skilled and experienced electricians can repair, replace, and install new outlets and light switches anywhere near Rockledge and Melbourne, FL. When you choose Mac 5 Services, you can expect:
- Fast and reliable emergency repairs
- Upfront pricing on electrical service
- Certified electricians
- Special financing options on installations
- Guaranteed work
- Convenient scheduling
- Friendly and professional staff
Mac 5 Services is proud to be your choice for any light switch or electrical outlet issues you may have.Check out our current offers.
Quality Switch & Outlet Services You Can Trust
GFCI vs. AFCI Outlets
GFCI (ground fault circuit interrupter) is a type of outlet. It’s one of the most commonly used options for rooms that have a water source, such as bathrooms and kitchens. This is because they’re designed to protect people from severe electric shock if they’re exposed to water.
The reason the ground fault was created was through an unintentional electrical path. Wiring in a GFCI is rather intelligent; its design allows it to detect if a ground fault is found and immediately turns off all avenues of electricity.
AFCI (arc fault circuit interrupter) is an outlet to protect from an arc fire in a home. These types of fires are started due to faulty wiring that’s corroded or loose. When the AFCIs detect these arcs, the immediate response is to cut off all electricity to the circuit.
If you need a GFCI or AFCI outlet in your home, call Mac 5 Services. Our talented and professional electricians can install them for you.
How Long Do Electrical Outlets & Switches Typically Last?
There are signs when it’s time to replace your electrical outlets. If you notice the plug’s prongs aren’t staying in the outlet, it’s time to replace it. Also, if the outlet isn’t functioning at its fullest potential, you should replace it. A faulty outlet can cause a house fire.
Faulty Outlets & Switches Can Be Dangerous
Sparking outlets can cause damage to your property and should be addressed promptly. Some signs you need to repair or replace your outlet include:
- Sparks or smoke: This is obvious, but it’s not okay if your outlet is sparking or smoking at any time. Something is wrong, and you should have it looked at immediately. This can be caused by water exposure or a shortage in some wiring.
- Cracked outlet plates: Does the plate to your outlet have cracks? If so, you must replace the cover to prevent unwanted shock risks. This is also a fire hazard due to the exposed wiring. It’s advised that you avoid using this outlet until you can get a new plate on it.
- Discolored outlets: You may notice that some of the older outlet plates in your home aren’t the same color as others. If the plates have darkened and appear discolored, you should replace them to be safe. This is often caused by overheating of the outlet.
It’s best to contact Mac 5 Services if any of your outlets or switches show any of these signs. Unless you have experience working with electricity, you should never try to do this yourself. If wires aren’t put back together correctly, it can be a fire hazard for your home.
What’s the Cost of Replacing Electrical Outlets?
When the outlets in your home are damaged, it’s hard to give you a concrete cost of services until we see what needs to be done. The amount of damage done and how long it will take to fix it all play a role in the cost. You can contact us for more information and to get an estimate.
Schedule a Comprehensive Evaluation Today
Do you have outlet problems in your home? If so, the trusted experts at Mac 5 Services have electricians who can make the repairs near you.
Contact us to schedule a repair or replacement cost estimate today. We’ll send someone to evaluate your problems and give you a quote.
You’re in good hands with the neighborhood experts at Mac 5 Services. We guarantee our work and make sure you’re 100% satisfied with the job we do on your repairs.